Monday, December 6, 2010

Monday, Dec 6th (His 2nd Area)2010

Tudobém Família!

Well, it´s official! I have reached my second area on the mission. I left my first area, almost crying, and felt so wierd because the thought of never seeing these awesome people again in my life really scares me. I never have been one to like separation. When I get close to people, I really don´t like to let them go. I think that is why I love the Plan of Salvation so much. I know that we will all see each other again someday. I am now in an area called Presidente Dutra in Cumbica. It´s not in the big city of São Paulo anymore and more in the greener area, which is really nice for me because I was missing the green. The area is really big and we walk a lot, but we walk through a jungle-looking area to get to where we need to go. I finally feel like I am serving in BRAZIL now! The first day, I got to the jungle area and said, "where is my machette?" It is really pretty. I am now companions with Elder Fernandes. He is a Brazilian from the northern end of the country, so he is quite accustomed to the heat because he lived on the equator for the majority of his life. He is really great and funny and we are getting along fantastic! We are teaching a lot of people right now. We have a recent-convert that just moved here from Campinas (a different state in Brazil) and he is a former Pastor of another church. He heard the message of the Restoration and was converted in an instant, and now he is giving us references like crazy! Can you guess who are the references? Yup, the former members of his church. I have a feeling that this transfer will be quite a good one.

We were teaching a family this week when I had one of the coolest experiences. Elder Fernandes finished teaching about prophets and authority from God and then he turned it over to me to teach the first vision. I started to explain to this family about Joseph Smith and the situation that he was in before he had the First Vision. I watched as the dad of this family, who was full of comments and questions before, sit in silence and tears filling his eyes as the Spirit of the Lord filled the living room. This family is on course for being baptized here this month, and how great would it be if they were to share this wonderful experience right before Christmas? I know that this Church is true and I know that I am doing the Lord´s work. At times I feel like I am not working my hardest and it´s these times that I feel the worst, but I know that everyone is here to improve and make better our mistakes. We all just need to keep remembering to use the power of repentance and allow the Lord to help us become better. Thanks to you all that have been sending me letters and emails. I love you all so very much! Have a great weekend!

Love,
Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment