Monday, October 11, 2010

Monday, Oct 11th 2010

Oi Família!

Well, yet another fantastic week as a missionary! This week was really funny with some of the things that Elder Roblyer and I did while walking back to our house one night. I will tell you one of the better stories... We were walking down the street when I saw this little cusion-looking thing on the road. It was block-shaped and perfect to kick around when you´re really tired and bored. We were kicking our little block of cusion down the street when we arrived at this tree that just so happened to be in the exact same shape as a fieldgoal post... well, I was thinking that it would be an absolute sin to not stop and kick a game-winning fieldgoal through our make-shift goal posts. We stopped, Elder Roblyer got down in the holder´s position and I took my steps back to get ready to kick the Superbowl Winning Fieldgoal! I launched a grand ol´ kick... wide right... but it was still good for a few laughs.

So this week I had a really amazing experience with one of our new investigators. We met this 42 year-old man, Ireton, on Friday and he had been explaining to us that he had been searching for a church here on the earth that had what he thought was missing. We thought it would be great to show him the film about the Restoration of the Church which has the story of Joseph Smith and how he came to know of the truth of God. After we watched the film, Ireton looked at us and said that he had the exact same doubts that Joseph Smith had and he really wanted to remove his doubts. We gave him the invitation to pray and really ask God to help him know that Joseph Smith really was called by God to be the prophet to bring His Church back to the Earth after centuries without it. I was sitting there thinking about Joseph Smith´s story... I know that he was called by God because of the way that this Church has been organized. We read in the Book of Mormon in 3 Nephi 27:8 that if a church be Christ´s church, then it should have His name. If it be Mose´s church, then it should be called the church of Moses. But everything that Joseph Smith taught, everything that he did, all of the persecution that he went through, he never called this work "his." It was all for our Savior, Jesus Christ. Because of this, I know that this is the work of God. I know that we are teaching people about the restoration of the true doctrine of Christ, not about Joseph Smith. I am so grateful for all that I have been given because of the Restoration of the Church of Jesus Christ.

I love this work so much! I am finding people regularly who reject this message right in front of my face, but at the same time, another door is opened for me to find someone who is in need of help. For example, last night I was with a member on splits and we found someone on the street who was practically throwing out his information to us because he wanted us to visit him. I love the things I´m learning here and I am so grateful for this opportunity. I love you all family and friends! Have a great week! Tchau!

Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment