Monday, October 25, 2010

Monday, Oct 25th 2010

Oi Família!

Wow... I cannot believe that 20 years has already passed. I really don´t feel much different, mostly because we don´t have much time to celebrate, but luckily today is P-Day!!! Thank-you so much to everyone who sent me an email or letter or anything for my birthday! I really cannot thank my family and friends enough for the support that I receive from you guys. I am so grateful for these things that I have in my life, and more than anything else, my family. So, rest assured, I am thinking about you all today. Well, at least until 6 o´clock because I have to start working again lol.

Well, this week was transfers and the news... Nothing changed lol I am still in my first area with Elder Roblyer as my companion. This is good because we already know how to teach together and still have our investigators to help out here, so it will be a good transfer. It will be a really difficult transfer as well because Elder Roblyer and I have very different personalities and we a different point of view of how we should go about the work here. I know that Elder Roblyer is a great missionary and we are doing a lot to help the people here, but I need to find something to change about myself so that we get along better because I know that it´s not right to change the personality of someone else. He´s a great friend to me as well and he is really helping me learn the language, but as always, people have their differences.

We have an investigator in this ward that is in need of a lot of help. Her name is Penha and she has been going to Church for about 3 years now, but she cannot seem to quit smoking. She is so amazing and she is like my grandma of the mission. She knows that the Church is true and she is trying to quit so badly! It is so amazing to me that Satan, unfortunately, has so much power over us that it becomes extremely hard to let go of sin. I know that the power of prayer can help us so much! I love the help that the Lord gives us through our prayers. I know that Penha will overcome this problem and I would love to see her be baptized.

Thanks so much for all of the messages this week! Please have a great week and know that I love each and everyone of you guys! Have a great week!

Love,

Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment